Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy.
The League of Women Voters of the United States encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League is proud to be nonpartisan, neither supporting nor opposing candidates or political parties at any level of government, but always working on vital issues of concern to members and the public.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights (full text)
2018 Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members.
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How did your elected officials vote and what do they believe in? How to register to vote? ...and more
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Committee for Voter Registration Expansion (CVRE) Learn More
- Volunteer to be a liason with an interested non-profit agency and assist them in integrating non-partisan voter registration into their routine application and service procedures.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.